View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 09:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default The Wisdom tooth saga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyh View Post
Hello,
I too suffered nerve pain after the extraction of my bottom left side wisdom tooth. I was told it was an overactive nerve and it would calm down in 3 weeks. TThat was told to me by an oral surgeon...Well its been 2 and 1/2 years and I still have pain. So does the dentist think you dont have ATN or nerve damage.? Just nerves compressed by muscles? I have never heard of that before. So what do they suggest you do about the pain? Or the compression? Do you have full dentures? Do they cause more pain for you? I have 11 teeth left and want to get all extracted for full dentures. Sorry so many questions...I hope you get relief from your pain..Pleas let us know how things go for you...
Stephanie
Hi Stephanie , first sorry about what you are going through. I know what its all about and so do a lot of others. Anyway to answer you questions , I also had not heard of muscle contraction after Wisdom tooth extraction etc but I am sure you must have read Bryannas reply to me. It gets you thinking. I wear a partial denture as I still have a few teeth at the front. Was ok but now , because of current problems only wear them to eat. Even when ok the denture could give me problems at times but only for a day or two. I also have TMJ which makes things a messy situation. THe advice i got was to leave things alone for a while as I have had some serious reactions to medication. Have you tried homepathy ? I have found that it can be effective , but it depends on the practioner. Do you have myofascial pain ?

Regards

Nick
Johnsonsyard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote