Thread: Pain Management
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 01:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Neck and shoulder pain are something a lot of us have (monkey on the back) it is one of my first symptoms that my l-dopa level is too low. I can stretch these muscles out to their limit and stifle it for a while even without taking my tincture. In the bed...stretch your arms up into a bent positions over your head and push against the wall or headrest if sturdy...like you need to hold the world up. Do it together a few times and hold and then do alternate left right pushing. Make your scapula and shoulders push into a stretch as you do this..it is a workout. If you are "up" Stand with your hands above you in a doorway and your back against the frame and stretch, pushing neck and shoulders back , then put hands behind your shoulders on the door frame behind you and stretch/ then drop hands to your side and grab the door frame behind you and stretch. Each position of the arms stretch different muscles that get tight on neck and shoulders. Also, it is good to frequently turn your head slowly from side to side/ up and down/ cock it sideways also. You can also put your fist under your jaw and push down with chin and then push your fist upward and then resist it with your head and push back downward. Sitting in a chair, reach across to your left side with the right arm and grab bottom of the chair. Then turn your body and left shoulder as far backward in a stretch as you can. Repeat on other side. You can also grab the bottom of the chair with both arms straight down and bend your elbows...pulling the shoulders down as far as possible. These all help me with tightness and pain.
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
natnat (02-12-2015), OlliePop (12-15-2014)