View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 07:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vein777 View Post
Did you ever find a solutioni to your monocular diplopia? I think that is what I have. I have double vision - sometimes triple vision in both eyes even with closing one I still have it in a single eye. It comes on when I'm working on my computer all day. At night it is then bad and slowly goes away as I withdrawl from the computer screen for several hours. Mine mainly manifests as car lights stacked vertically or street lights stacked vertically. Also lights appear brighter than what they should be it seems which seems to make the rest of the room appear darker.

Just curious if you found a solution.
Binocular diplopia was one of the symptoms that led my opthamologist to have me tested for MG. The first symptom was ptosis, Before eyelid surgery I had surgery for cataracts. It was after the cataract surgery that I started having DV, tunnel vision, and other weird vision symptoms. The positive test for MG stopped the plan for the eyelid surgery. My Neurologist prescribed Prednisone. It cleared up the vision issues almost overnight. More generalized MG issues have gotten worse.

A year and a half later I started having Monocular diplopia. It became progressively worse. My Neuro said 'if its monocular its not caused by MG'. I went back to the Opthamologist. He said that sometimes the lens put in after cataract surgery becomes clouded over. He used a laser treatment to cleanse the lens and my eyesight returned to the after cataract surgery levels.

Before the treatment I was convinced that it was caused by MG. My vision was worse when other MG symptoms were bad. It also got worse as the day wore on. Now I am wondering if it is just the opposite. Maybe additional muscle activity needed to focus with the clouded lens caused muscle fatigue because of the MG.
edwinlgreen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote