View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 08:14 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Nick,

Once you've had TMJ problems, you are always going to be prone to flare ups. Any dental work that requires you to hold your mouth open for an extended period of time can cause a TMJ flare up..... this includes a tooth extraction.

Also,when a tooth is extracted sometimes the force of removing the tooth causes a shift in the alignment of the upper and lower jaw muscles. This does not mean that the person is left with a permanent problem but it can take a long time to get better. If the person had previous TMJ issues, the problem can be more severe or take longer to mend.

I often use the highest potency of homeopathic remedies because that is what seems to work best for me. But that may not be best for you. I feel to achieve the most effective results, it is best to work with a homeopathic physician or other who is well versed on homeopathy. I am not informed well enough to prescribe or suggest a potency for you.

The lemon balm extract is a natural relaxant and stress reliever. I have used it with much success. I cannot say if it would be as effective for you. Everyone is different. A practitioner who is well versed in herbs and homeopathy would be your best guide.

Yes, I do on occasion have trigger points around the area of my TMJ joint and muscle both inside my mouth and outside anywhere from the top of my head down that entire side to my neck. Anything that causes me to clench my jaw... stress and anxiety... sometimes fatigue... can set them off.

Yes, anytime a joint becomes inflamed it is a natural response for fluid to collect in that area. Sometimes the collection is minor, other times it can be quite severe. I have arthritis in a few of my finger joints and on occasion they will become inflamed with minor collection of fluid. In my arsenal of homeopathy for arthritic pain/swelling I have Apis, Rhus tox, and Byronia. I use which ever one is best suited at the time. I also use Arnica because it is a great anti inflammatory. I also will soak my hands in a covered basin of Epson salt and lavender mixed in hot water. What did they do for you at the hospital?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsonsyard View Post
Thanks for reply. I am really interested in what you have to say. I also have TMJ which was under control but I am also battling with that too. Please tell me what potency Homeopathic arnica and gelsemium do you take ? What is the reason for lemon balm tincture. ? Do you get myofascial trigger points as well?

Also, I was at hospital at the weekend as my right side and TMJ became swollen and tender . They said it was fluid in responce to an inflamed joint. Have you come across this ? What do you do about it ?

Sorry so many questions . Trying to find a way back to stability.

Regards

Nick

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote