View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 01:14 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default To Mark in Idaho and Lara

Mark and Lara, thank you very much for the replies. Today was the 1st day since I had this issue on October 26th that I felt fairly normal, without anxiety, and able to somewhat relax, not worry, and have decent conversations, thank God and what a relief. I've been off Atenenol since Sunday. I'd been on 25mg for about 2 weeks (since mid November), and it helped my headaches, then stopped working, so doc upped to 50mg, and I quit on Sunday due to increased anxiety. Lara, I did not taper, and realize with meds that taper is important, but didn't want to have it in my system any more.

Mark, my doc has recommended one aspirin tab a day, which I've been taking for quite some time. I take alot of supplements for an eye condition; lutein, zeaxanthin, anaxanthin, DHA fish oil, multivitamin. Since Tuesday of last week when my headaches got fairly severe, I'm taking a liquid herbal formula geared for headaches, and it seems to have helped me. I also drink a fair amount of herbal teas.

Thanks Mark for the suggestion on what the 'incident' might have been, I'll research it. I do have a bit higher cholesterol, about 210 with HDL of 60, (my folks both have high cholesterol, 230+, but very healthy otherwise with high HDL). My Dad is about 140 lbs, 5'6', and very healthy, but did have plaque dislodge a few year ago and caused a mild heart attack, I think this might be what you're suggesting might have possibly caused my brief condition?

I actually did start to feel better yesterday, although still with anxiety and more anxiety in the evening, but one other thing I started again yesterday was the sinus/nasal rinse. I've had sinus issues for most of my life, multiple nose/throat surgeries, and have been diagnosed with mild to moderate sinusitis and rhinenitis. After I rinsed yesterday morning and afternoon, it actually really cleared up my head and I felt a bunch better, and my thoughts seemed to be more clear. I rinsed three total times yesterday, and today again. I've read in the past that sinus problems can sometimes cause neuro issues as well if not dealt with, ie, fogginess, lethargy, etc.

Thanks again for the input, much appreciated. I've never tried these sites, but think by throwing my symptoms out there, there are alot of folks out there who may have had something similar, or who may be able to provide input.
marco.fellin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote