Old 12-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInMI View Post
MrsD, thank you for your quick response. I'm still pouring over the information in your links. I had a CBC done a month ago with unusual results and my internist wanted a repeat. My research lead me to include the test for B-12 with no argument. As you mentioned the MCV was out of range on both tests (113 and 115 respectively).

I've got two bottles of the cyano B-12 (thanks to CVS bogo sale). I'll switch when they are empty.

Thanks again,
Jim
If you don't have that pesky MTHFR mutation, cyano should work for you. Without testing for it, it remains a lottery as to whether the B12 will activate, however.

On my thread, in the first post, is a link to a very good medical paper recently appearing on PubMed. It has a chart of how much B12 is absorbed orally.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...able/T1/#TF1-4

It demonstrates, that from 1000mcg dose only about 13mcg are absorbed. So don't be daunted by high doses. Labels on vitamins give % of RDA and for B12 it gets up to 60,000 or more % and this scares people off. You can take massive doses, as they do in Japan. There is a now a new article on really high B12 use there, actually repairing nerves.

The abstract of the paper is here:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post1095867-287.html

The Japanese also in the past had an MS treatment with high doses.

I am not suggesting you take what they used in that paper intravenously BTW, that high an amount. But you can take 5000mcg daily to help use up the old cyano type. You must when using orally, take on an empty stomach, because food will bind the micrograms and make them unavailable to be absorbed passively in the intestine (for those with broken intrinsic factor).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (12-15-2014)