Thread: A few questions
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 02:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default questions

Hi Howard, sorry about your wife. Treat her well and she'll last a lifetime.

1)2-5 years give or take. Depends on the way one describes the "honeymoon period. Some never get it. Some last as if PD never was a big problem till a few years before stage 4.
2) No benefits from being on an agonist. Agonists do NOT do anything to stop functional loss, once the amount of brain cellls have been compromised enough for the symptoms OF PD to become evident.
3) The honeymoon period is defined as the years that one can get up out out of bed , shower, dress and go to work or do whatever as if almost "normal". They depend on how slow PD progresses in each individual (we are all different).
4) I would not try higher doses than one feels to be "adequate" in controlling PD symptoms. One is only likely to start with "dyskinesia" with higher doses.

That's all i have for you now howard. Feel free to ask whayever's on your mind. Somebody is apt to answer. WE all help each other around here to take up the plate in this respect. I assume it's not too busy around here right now because of this being a "busy" time of the year. cs
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote