Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Pines 50 View Post
but it's YOU who should be running the show here. if you think it might be flaring you up - even if it doesn't hurt you at the time - then try not having the traction for a few PT sessions, would be my suggestion, i guess, and see if that doesn't help calm things down a bit for you.

part of the nightmare with TOS i think for all of us, is it's so hard to tell, with a delayed reaction time of 12 hours or more, exactly which activity it was that caused our pain to flare up or our nerve sx to sky-rocket so drastically!

but i am suspicious as i think you are, of the traction. i also would want to know more about how your arm is being manipulated in those PT sessions.

hopefully, you are with a good, TOS-savvy PT who communicates well and often with your doctor and of course with you. talk to your doctor about all of these concerns. it always feels better, for me, when adjustments are made in my tx plan in specific response to stuff that's going on with me. then i know my tx team is not only listening to me, but they are talking to each other. so important!

alison
I totally agree!
PT especially must be asking you first thing at every visit and making adjustments to treatments depending on your responses.
If there isn't the open communication like that and they just follow a preset plan - The therapy will most likely not be of much positive help for you.

The place that did the best PT for me - always went over a quick check off sheet as to how I was feeling since the last visit and what my pain level was on avg. After 2 weeks {of improvement} they would take new measurements - ROMs , pinch grips, strength.