View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 05:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hello

Merry Christmas. I see I have again been remiss in keeping up with posting, something I said I would not do.

The latest thing going on here is that I am scheduled to get a new pacemaker on Christmas Eve. Some Christmas present...

This is a bi-ventricular model with a coating that is supposed to be hypoallergenic made from Parylene. If anyone has heard anything about this, please post. I am dreading it because I am so sensitive to so many materials that normal people don't seem to have problems with.

The main med that helps keep symptoms at bay is daily low dose Prednisone, something I thought would fend off developing osteoporosis by keeping it low.That is not a given, for sure. Last week, I was diagnosed with severe osteoporosis. I am hoping to avoid some of the osteo drugs.

I also had the punch biopsy from Johns Hopkins. Two of the sites biopsied were normal, the third (near the ankle) indicated the presence of a neuropathic process. I might be wrong on the wording, but I am assuming this confirms the diagnosis of small fiber sensory neuropathy.

Last night, we went to dinner and I wore a pair of blue jeans containing Spandex. For a while, I had been able to tolerate it. Not now!!! The pain in the bottoms of my feet traveled to my waist and when we came home, I immediately removed them and the pain began to dissipate slowly. I do not know what to make of this, other than the neurologist who did the punch biopsy said that she had patients who were so sensitive, they could not tolerate their bedsheets touching them. Early on, I shared that problem. This sensitivity seems to wax and wane.

Hope all are doing better.

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays!

Yorkiemom
Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote