View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hey, Jim! BTW, of course I remember you.

I'm going to reply here from your comment on another post, regarding shingles.

I had shingles last spring. I had no pain, only an occasional prickly feeling! I'm pretty sure that's due to the fact that I take B12 daily.

B12 is known to help heal peripheral nerves, whether that's after surgery, during Bell's Palsy, or any other time those nerves are affected. I took extra B12 during shingles. I had a couple of sensations in my eye, but I was fortunate that it did not spread there (it was on one side of my face).

I am very sorry that you lost your eyesight on one side. Is that permanent? I wonder if mega doses of B12 would still help heal nerves for you. I read similar studies to the ones that Mrs D. posted years ago. It's really amazing what it can do.

I had my deficiency in 1997-99. As Rose did (former member) and Mrs D has, I've done a great deal of research on B12 (medical libraries, etc.). Rose had posted a book years ago, which I cannot remember the title of, where a woman had done research on the available B12 coming from our food sources. It was really shocking. We aren't even getting it from sources such as beef. I wouldn't doubt if a majority of people had a deficiency or are low on it.

And you should know that only newer doctors are reading this information on B12. The older doctors, especially if they don't keep up on topics, don't know how common a B12 deficiency is, how much better methylcobalamin is, and that it should be taken for the rest of your life!

I hope you're enjoying living in MI. Sounds like there's a good MG group there!

Annie

Last edited by AnnieB3; 12-15-2014 at 10:33 PM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (12-15-2014)