View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 09:11 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I use a wheelchair on occasion, bought my own a while back when they had me in a cast for my ankles. I forget where I bought it though aside from it being an online site that wasn't Amazon. It is a manual wheelchair, weighs about 30lbs with all the parts. I took off the sides, and it has easily removable footrests, so it dropped the weight a bit from there.

I can get it in and out of the car with fairly easily using the larger back wheels to "roll" it along the bumper, which is less I have to lift and only have a hard time if some "Good Samaritan" decides I'm their good deed for the day. (Grabbing the chair before even asking if they can give me a hand and most of the time without any warning...OUCH)

A heavier chair can be manageable, still I would have loved to have bought a super light-weight one, but can't justify making the switch, right now.
SallyC (12-15-2014)