Thread: Pn Med
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Alkymst"

You can PRESUME, all you want as it pertains to me. Are you kidding? Anytime you want me to ask Cornell anything, just pm me.

Sometimes, I ask them about stuff and if it's not in their protocol, of course, they can't help me, but they always answer all my questions.

Been going to them a few years now. Began when my sugar was 400 and my A1c was 9.0. My sugar is much more reasonable. Sometimes it's 84 and sometimes it's 124. I'm down to 30 (of the Lantus) (sometime I make the syringe go to 32), cause it's hard to judge. But my sugar is wonderful compared to when I began that. They got my weight down (actually I got my weight down) but they really inspired me.

And you should see them when I get on a scale and I lose 2 lbs. I think they have lost their minds, they are whooping and hollering and cheering. I look at them and say in a very slow voice: "are you people mad, what the hell is 2 lbs, it's like my toe?" and we all laugh. They are really a nice bunch of people. They take my blood, they check my feet, they send me to the Opthamologist (I will never forget that) because do you know how expensive it must be to go to the Opthamologist in Cornell???

Oh, the last time I went, after doing all the light shining behind my eyes, and the taking pictures, and the injecting dye in my arm, I remember asking the doctor, "if I could ever afford it, could I get Lasik surgery so I won't need glasses". and he said "no, you are not a candidate". I wish I remembered if I asked him why, but I don't!! Next time I will.

Best thing I ever did for myself was go to Cornell. And the Food Emporium is nearby, so when I have an hour before the Acess-a-ride comes, you should see what I buy in the Food Emporium. They have Emeril Salads and all this great produce. And the people outside in the fruit and vegetable stands. Fabulous.

Alan knows to expect me with big bags of produce on the day I go to NYC and to Cornell. I bring cold keepers (the things you keep in your freezer). Then I can buy their famous cajun catfish and it stays fresh all the way home.

Oh, guess what I bought today?? I use the V-slicer but lately my arthritis in my hands, well, I just can't be bothered holding the gadget and taking the zucchini and slicing and dicing. It's really hard on the hands.

So I saw the commercial on tv for the Vidalia Slicing thing.

I just came back from CVS and bought myself this gadget.

Hoo Hah!! you should have seen me chopping veggies in my kitchen.

Took me all of 1 minute to chop up 5 zucchinis, two bell peppers, 3 carrots, and an onion. I was having the time of my life. You just put the vegetable on the thing, you press down (I use my arm) and VOILA!!!! all your veggies are chopped. If I want to make veggie patties, I just use the mincing blade. It's the most amazing gadget.

So now I can stir fry anything I want and my hands won't hurt.

God bless infocommercials!!!!!

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote