View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 02:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Buckwheat or curry?

I got a powerful gluten reaction this morning. The only thing I had different yesterday (and again this morning! ) was a pot of curry which I made myself. It contained carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, and a cut-up beef steak which I dipped in buckwheat flour seasoned with curry powder, onion salt, paprika and regular salt and pepper, fried in olive oil, then added to the rest with water and simmered for about an hour. Boy, it's making me hungry again just typing this!
I no longer have the list of ingredients for the curry powder, it was a bulk package I had bought from the San Francisco Herb Company. But I got online just now and checked the ingredients on what they currently offer, and it seems innocuous. INGREDIENTS: Turmeric, fenugreek, coriander, cumin, fennel, onion, black pepper, cloves, garllic, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, lemon grass, cardomon & mace.
Were my symptoms more likely to have come from the buckwheat flour? I also researched it, and it seems like it sometimes does give problems. Any opinions? I hope I don't have to give up my curry. I don't eat it often, but I do like it occasionally.
Hugs,