View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 03:48 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie8 View Post
Yes Riverwild, get in touch with Biogen. My insurance changed. I called them up. No co-pay on the drug, just pay for infusion costs. I don't know how to explain this properly but the insurance gets billed for the full amount of each infusion (so it goes toward your deductible) but then you only at them the reduced amount.

I'm not explaining this very clearly but after 2 infusions I have now met my out of pocket maximum due to Biogen's and my clinic's billing process. This means now all my medical care is covered 100% for the remainder of the plan
year since I reached out of pocket on the books. Anyhow it's worth contacting them. If you qualify right now the drug is free (as opposed to the old $10 copayment).

Good luck! You can't give up Tysabri. It's kept you well for so long.
The last time I talked to Biogen (last year?) was when my insurance went from the lovely $100.00 deductible and $400.00 co-insurance to 500.00 deductible and 2K OOP. They couldn't help with infusion costs, just the drug and my problem is infusion cost. I thought that was bad. This is a whole new ballgame with 10K a year. I'm not ashamed to admit that I cannot pay my bill at the infusion center. I figured I would just make the min. payment, sell my house when I retire, live off the $$ I hide under the mattress and die without any assets.

My company is under new management and I have been bent over repeatedly for the past year. They refuse to give me time off, I can only accumulate a certain amount of time or I lose it, I can't cash it in anymore and so far I have lost almost 1K in paid leave since July. There were no raises, there's no holiday gift or party or bonus and they won't even kiss me...I hate this limbo. It used to be I just had to worry about myself but there's not just me anymore so I can't just up and go paddling on a whim and toss a job like I used to. I feel like I am inching forward and then pulling back as if the water is too cold to dive into, know what I mean? For me, it's a peculiar sort of torture I am living and I am still unsure where to go from here. The old man thinks I should shut up and stay put and I am of the mind that I have been in one place for too long and the seat doesn't fit me.
I'm some freaking ugly at home and at work and that's not good either. One could take out my relationship and one could take out my income. Either way, something is going to change soon. I'll let you know who comes out on top...I know who I am betting on!

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grammie 2 3 (12-20-2014), Natalie8 (12-19-2014), SallyC (12-16-2014)