View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 05:32 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

The drunk and his 2 equally or more drunk passengers were all fine, also learned that the driver had a suspended or revoked license and was on his third or more conviction for driving without a license. And we're not talking some young dumb kid either, but a 46 year old.

I don't honestly know if it'd make me feel any less angry if it was just some stupid 21 year old kid, sad to say but it probably would, I might even have some room for pity, but for this SOB I have as little pity as he has regard for human life. Alcoholism is a disease, I get that but it's not an excuse to not call a cab, ride a bus, ride a bike, walk or just go ahead and spend the night sleeping in your mess in an alleyway.

180 days, plus up to 5 years in jail (which really means out in 1) and he's free to mow down some more people, after clearly not learning anything the first time he was in jail for 10 days nor the second time he was in jail for 90 days, at least. It makes me wonder how two idiots in a bar fight can end up spending more time in jail than a drunk driver. If it wasn't for that I'd be tempted to grab a baseball bat and a beer for when he gets out. Say what you will about negative reinforcement, some people just don't learn from time-outs.
NurseNancy (12-16-2014)