View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 10:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpuregenius View Post
I sometimes wonder what it is now. I know that the injury was directly related to my elbow being hyperextended. I think that there is damage in my wrist as well but I do wonder if I may have injured my neck as well. I only remember the severe pain in my elbow at the time of injury. WC is not really interested in looking for alt injury sites so I'm fighting an uphill battle.
Thanks for the info but since I'm in Midwest central Ga it might be a little more mileage than WC would appreciate lol.
Best Wishes
irpuregenius:

Based on your description it certainly sounds like nerve damage from that original elbow trauma is the initiating factor for all of your troubles. Nerve pathways, tissues, and fascia connect all the way from your fingertips to your shoulder complex to your spine, going up the neck to the head and down to the rest of the body from there. Everything in the body is directly connected at the speed of thought.

Your immune system has been fighting hard for a long time, and over that time the body compensates for that stress in a myriad of ways. I experienced increasing nausea, migraines, blurry vision, heart palpitations, body-wide muscle spasms, among countless other elements of pure awesomeness when I had RSD. At a certain point the symptoms begin to build on themselves and we are left searching for diagnoses for all kinds of new stuff that piles up on top of the old stuff, to where it seems like everything is so complicated there is no way out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpuregenius View Post
Since my injury I have dealt with a lot of pain as we all do but I have managed to handle it as well as possible but today, for the first time, I actually broke down. I am not a person who cries over pain but today pushed me to the edge.
I know that just sucks because I've been there.... but you're better and stronger for it. Repressed emotion manifests in the physical body if it is allowed to build up without release. Sometimes sucking it up and "being strong" is the very thing that makes us weak.

Note - I'd probably be viewed as more of a hocus-pocus person myself at this point, since "science" as it is currently understood definitely made the situation worse rather than better in my case.

All the best to you irpuregenius
visioniosiv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
irpuregenius (12-16-2014)