View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 10:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 5 day update

Thanks, Bryanna for your very thorough and thoughtful response to my situation.

So, it is 5 days since I had the extraction and the melting stitches came out yesterday. I am still very, very sore or tender at the extraction site and the surrounding gums, but I guess that is to be expected. I cant see it, but there feels like a pretty deep divot where the roots were extracted, again, probably to be expected. As far as sinus drainage, I must say that I am not aware of any. If there is still a pathway, its not currently draining.
One thing that still bothers me is that up above, when I press on an area just below and under my orbital bone, it is extremely tender, and the floor of my sinus feels like it is going through something, probably an infection trying to clear up. The Levaquin is manageable so long as I take Alka Seltzer gold as soon as the burning starts, and I am taking a wonderful probiotic called 'Prescript Assist' which is 29 soil based bacteria. I am also taking the garden variety probiotics with lacto and bifido type bacteria.

Hopefully, this is all part of the healing process after a very rough extraction; I'm pretty sure my jawbone is bruised from the extraction and the hammering.

Thanks again.
Jeff
azmanatheart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote