View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 02:16 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Jeff,

I would expect you to be very sore and I imagine that you have lost quite a bit of bone in that area which would account for the deep divot where the roots were. That area will fill in with bone to a certain degree but you will most likely end up with a good size indentation there.

Try using very warm moist compresses on the area below your orbital bone. This will get the blood circulating in that area which is a good thing.

It is best to be mindful of any new or different symptoms that occur and be careful not to abuse your sinuses in any way. You have a long way to go before that area heals.

If you are not currently scheduled for a post op visit with the oral surgeon, it is best that you schedule one for about 10-14 days post op.

Be careful with how often you use the Alka Seltzer Gold. Only use it when absolutely necessary or it can mess up your natural production of hydrochloric acid.

Good on the probiotics! After the antibiotic is done, be sure to continue with one of those products for several months, if not indefinitely.

Keep us posted......
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmanatheart View Post
Thanks, Bryanna for your very thorough and thoughtful response to my situation.

So, it is 5 days since I had the extraction and the melting stitches came out yesterday. I am still very, very sore or tender at the extraction site and the surrounding gums, but I guess that is to be expected. I cant see it, but there feels like a pretty deep divot where the roots were extracted, again, probably to be expected. As far as sinus drainage, I must say that I am not aware of any. If there is still a pathway, its not currently draining.
One thing that still bothers me is that up above, when I press on an area just below and under my orbital bone, it is extremely tender, and the floor of my sinus feels like it is going through something, probably an infection trying to clear up. The Levaquin is manageable so long as I take Alka Seltzer gold as soon as the burning starts, and I am taking a wonderful probiotic called 'Prescript Assist' which is 29 soil based bacteria. I am also taking the garden variety probiotics with lacto and bifido type bacteria.

Hopefully, this is all part of the healing process after a very rough extraction; I'm pretty sure my jawbone is bruised from the extraction and the hammering.

Thanks again.
Jeff

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote