Thread: Neuro apt
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 03:59 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Neuro apt

Had the neuro apt today, was a bit of a rush and little one's had a tummy bug so not as prepared as I would like to have been...

I've been put down for an urgent CT brain scan, date yet unknown. And there was a squiggle that said something like 'plus bune windows'? Anyon know what this is?

I've also been given 250mg Naproxin to be taken 3x a day, as anti inflamatory.

I had tried to down play my expectations due to some warnings here and previous experianc...but it was still very frustrating.

Im left wondering if the neuro was an idiot or if he was doing it intentionally to tet my symtoms. Slamming in and out of the door several time, talking loudly, interrupting me and not actually listening to my answers or misinterpreting what I was saying....and grabbing my effing head and jerking it from side to side.

He waved off a CSF leak without more than that phrase leaving my lips. Breifly glanced into my ear dismissively. Said he would need a BOTTLE of it to test which is absolute crap. When I pointed out a small dab onto a filter paper would be suffient to show the halo indicating CSF he paused...then said that wouldnt count as analysis. I replied it would certainy be easy prrof of a leak evidencing the ned for further analysis.

I mean...c'mon. Its not difficult!

He seemed to think that becuase I dont have mennengitus its not possible. Which is just stupid. Then he told me not to pick at the scab as this forming is good...my mind boggles...how and why does he think i am picking a scab somewhere inside my ear canal?? With an arm that doesnt even work proprly? Arghh.

He asked me what happened, then wouldnt let me finish. He asked me my symtoms, then wouldnt let me finish...then seemed annoyed that I hadt mentioned that my right arm cannot go behind my back.

I thouh some sort of plan would e worked out, if only at thhis early stage (for him) of what test and professionsla i would need to see. Nope. Said my arm was nothing to do with him, that it was probably a joint issue rather than nerves.

I know it was just a first meeting and the tests results should, in theory, help with a plan but I at least expected him to have read my notes or at least give me the chance to stuttuer y way through what needs to be said. For some reassurance and stages of care to be explained.

Im sure this neuro is allright as a person but he di everything wrong he could have in regards to triggering symptoms and seems just as bored and impatient as everyother dr ive had to deal with.

Of course to top this off as I was waiting on a bench outside for my lift some racist ukiper bloke started making comments about foriegners and having a go. Refusing to go, even when I'd had enough and walked off, flapping his hands in my face. Twice. Came back and started again when my lift arrived.

Merry christmas!
_Ash_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (12-30-2014), Lara (12-16-2014)