View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 04:41 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Mark I dont know if its your symptoms or personality but you can be rather rude sometimes. There's no need to be so abrupt with people here.

ProAgonist-

I've read a some of your posts and glad you are feeling better. I'm not a dr but it does sound as if you have a mild concussion.

When you recieve these jolts or bumps you are not getting new concussions. You are feeling the old pain flare up. Just as you would if you recieved a bump to a wrist that was already sprained. Ideally these are avoided, of course, but unless it is a significant/repetitive force it is unlikly to make much of a difference. I cant even sit in a car/bus without a flare up, just from normal driving/engine rumble. We're a bit sensitive now.

You are just going to have to take it easy for awhile. Rest, eat healthily, listen to your bodies warning signals so you are not overwhelmed.

You do seem to suffer a lot of anxiety, and from the way you talk it sounds as if this precedes your concussion. Have you looked this up much? You may find some comfort and undertanding by research. Your not alone in feeling this and everyone is capable of learning control/coping mechanisms. (Most of the time, eh...)

I was raped when I was 16, was sucidal afterwards, self harming, manic depression and later realisastion of PTSD. I'm familiar with anxiety, depression, triggers ect. But I worked my way through it.

I stopped self harming (nearly five years without I think) and learned how to manage fallout from triggers, how to recognise when anxiety was rising and how to deal with the dark spirals.

Meditation is wonderful. Do it in a way that suits you. Have a pose of good posture that enables you to relax but dont get hung up on sitting crossed legged on a yoga mat with incense and ohms and wild eagles soaring overhead. A private, quite moment where you are relaxed is all you need to start with and the more you practise the more you will be able to reach this in a stimulating enviroment.

You have to realise your problems. What causes your anxiety? An underlying issue or current stress? Combination? When you get the anxious thoughts...dont fight them. Let them rise, and learn how to let them go. Learn to say no...this is my anxiety, this is not *me*. Perhaps write down notes for when you are feeling well and can form rational rebuttals. Remind yourself of this rationale when thoughts arise again. Accept and let go. The more you do it the easier it becomes.

It wont stop you feeling like crap sometimes but it will help you cope. I spent a year on acceptance alone, so used to fighting off those demons and memories and nightmares.

Since my injury I've noted the zoning out (do you get that?) is oddly similar to the resting place you can reach with mediation, though I havent been able to fully think the way i used to. It has certainly helped me deal with the frustatration/inablitities though.

Another good way, is to find something creative to do. Something for you, that you enjoy, thats calming/cathartic. Painting, writing, sculpting, knitting ect whatever sort of thing your into. And its good to train your brain back up to.

Good luck.
_Ash_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote