View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 11:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile migraines and facial pain

Find a good pain management doctor that does occipital nerve blocks and radiofrequency nerve blocks. There is an excellent one in Fresno Ca.
My daughter and I had no health problems other than asthma. We caught a nasty virus that took three different antibiotics to knock it out. Before it was gone, the migraines and facial pain started. It was unbearable. So many different drugs with little success and many side effects.

My favorite was it was our hormones. Really, at the same time and when we both were seriously ill. We suffered until my doctor got fed up with me coming in every couple of weeks and whining (his words, I have to live with it). He referred me to another doctor that said his first words "would you like me to help take your pain away".
He did an occipital nerve block right in the office and it was gone within a hour an stayed gone for months. I dragged my daughter (she was 14) down to the office and he did the same thing. Pain was gone. Now we go in every three months and have a block. Sometimes it only lasts one or two months but that is a whole lot better 24/7. Radio frequency last 6-9 months at a time. This doctor saved our lives.
Oh, and the hormonal thing. A year later, my sister in law called and she was in the hospital for three days from severe migraines. Never had one in her life. It started from this sinus/virus thing she got two weeks before. It also took three days in hospital and three bouts of antibiotics. Interesting.

Facial Pain: Experiences it a lot in the beginning but occasionally now. Went through a rough time recently that lasted 8 months. Demanded physical therapy because they wanted to put me on horrible side effect meds. I did some research on "sternocleidomastoid" and had the therapist concentrate on that area. Three visits in and pain lessened by 50% and by end of therapy was almost gone. There are many exercises that can be done. Its amazing what this muscle can cause when it flares up.
kdrdudek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote