View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 02:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

To MrsD: Thanks for the additional information, I'll up my daily dose and take it before I have my morning coffee. From the links you provided it looks like I should be tested again in 3-4 months.

To Annie: I had Shingles about 8 years ago and wish I knew more about B-12 back then (or paid better attention to your posts in the past). Pain? I'd rather have my thymectomy again without anaesthesia rather than go through Shingles again. I was told that my eyesight may improve some, but I'm not holding my breath, maybe the B-12 suppliments will help. Just stay off the roads while I'm driving! This is the first CBC that came back with more than just the Red count being off due to the Imuran.

Your comment about doctors and B-12 is the opposite in my case. My neuro saw the CBC results and my internist's comments about re-testing and thought the numbers were ok. He looks about 16 years old. My internist (also my mom's) is 4 years older than me and had no problem adding a B-12 to the tests nor me questioning the stated low level. He believes in treating the patient and not necessarily achieving a published number. Go figure!

MI is OK, grew up here and now with family, but between you and me, I prefer TX.

Thanks to all,
Jim
JimInMI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (12-17-2014)