View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 11:31 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Dom9889,
I also have a fractured first rib on the left side which likely has something to do with my TOS symptoms. But I have pain on both sides so I tend to think that rib fracture is a consequence, not a cause.

BTW, on dr. Sarno's books. I read three of them and they did nothing for me. I found his ideas arbitrary and far-fetched (just like the Freud's theory they are based on). Supposedly the subconscious mind cuts off blood supply in an area where a physical abnormality exists (like a broken rib or a herniated disc) in response to some emotional issues. I find it not plausible that the subconscious mind has knowledge of anatomy which the conscious mind does not.

I don't doubt that his approach helped some people, but don't think it will help most. And I suppose the reason it works is much simpler.
People habitually tense their muscles in response to daily stress. If one can create an emotional stress which overpowers the daily stress, it may distract the brain and release tension. But I don't see how this can help with structural or postural issues.

Last edited by Hiker; 12-17-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Hiker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote