View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 10:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

it seems to me that people with rsd get judged alot because our illness not only had visible pysical symptoms but invisible internal symtoms too. depression is not the reason we have rsd, but rsd can cause depression. i order brochures from rsd hope online and pass them out to all my drs and friends especially the ones who don't "get" it. it helps some, but not all. some read them and some don't. but it beats trying to explain the someone that what we have is real. and we don't have to justify that to anyone. the documentaion on rsd speaks for itself and proves its real. our physcial symptoms prove its real. and our internal pain is explained by drs who prove its real. other disabilites are not always visible, but are not questioned as much, like ms or cancer because more is known about them. rsd is so rare that people don't know enough about it. thats why raising awareness of it is so important. as for ssdi, i would tell your friend to look it up on the internet. there is plenty of info on that there. i don't think its good to talk to people about that because you can be judged and compared on that as well from your friends and that's not right. i hope you go into remission again someday and i am sorry for the rsd in your jaw. i have it in my mouth and know how horrible that is. soft hugs my friend.