View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 11:59 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Excessive alcohol affects so much stuff, it's probably easier to list the things it does NOT affect.

As far as your HDL. 240 is preposterously high. the upper reference range is about 80 and I've heard of people with 100. Are you sure you don't have the HDL/LDL switched around? -- edited to say I misread. I see that 240 is total, 130 is HDL... ok, high but not scary high. I will leave the rest in just FYI....

YOu know that they've found there's different kinds of HDL. Too much of that if it is compromised quality in fact be bad. I had found a better article at one point, but this is the best I can do right now:

http://www.cleveland.com/healthfit/i...be_bad_fo.html
"Hazen’s research shows that in people with heart disease, about 1 in 5 HDL particles in the artery wall -- where the particle’s function is to remove cholesterol-- is dysfunctional. People who have more of this dysfunctional HDL are at higher risk of heart disease, independent of traditional risk factors such as age, diabetes, smoking, and blood pressure. "
Is there any way your tests could have been thrown off? Is your HDL measured or calculated? What are your Triglycerides like?

Alcohol (especially chronic over-use) throws off blood lipids BIG TIME, are you aware of that? Along with gGT's and other things.

waves

Last edited by waves; 12-18-2014 at 12:25 AM. Reason: read numbers wrong -- got it now.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (12-18-2014)