View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 01:15 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
It almost sounds like she is questioning you to get ideas on how to proceed with a claim.. for best acceptance.. she might be probing to fill out the forms and such..

No, I don't think that's it at all. She's one of those people that is clueless about the process and thinks she'll be approved the first round with ease because she believes she has diagnoses that will easily qualify her. I've only helped with one issue, researching a special rule that gives her enough credits to qualify for SSDI. I try not to judge whether someone will qualify or not, because I haven't seen their medical records, but it just irritated me that on the one hand I should be cured through the miracle of positive thinking (exaggerating a bit) while she plans on quitting work to collect disability.

Do you think someday you'll plan to meet up in real life?

That was the plan. I know her boyfriend. We've tried to coordinate a few times unsuccessfully.

Another option is be honest & blunt?

I think that's maybe my best option?

Tell her you felt a friendship growing , but now all the questioning & comments are making you feel uncomfortable.. Or just the last part...
She how she responds to that?

I think the problem really is that I'm not motivated to speak because it makes my jaw flare and she relates as withdrawing due to depression. I had a stellate ganglion block a few weeks ago and it helped, but I'm not back to normal. I've explained all this to her a handful of times now, and she keeps trying to question my mental health! Which honestly, if that was the case--it would be even less of her business!
Answers underlined.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (12-18-2014)