Thread: Thymoma
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 09:27 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Thymoma

Went into the hospital had xrays, ct's, and MRI's, told I had a thymoma tumor that was benign according to the biopsy. Was never told the size as determined by the radiologist and that it was compressing my heart and major vessels. I had no discomfort so I ask the surgeon if I could wait until after the Christmas Holidays for surgery and he said that is fine. Three days before scheduled surgery I was being crushed, but made it to surgery. They did give me numbers to call if I a problem but I don't remember that or where I put them. "The tumor was over 20 cm in width by 18 cm in craniocaudal length. "Huge anterior mediastinal mass." It is the policy of the hospital "that is the patient is not in any discomfort to send the patient home awaiting surgery" (the surgeon." The tumor almost killed me! The tumor was 1255 grams and I still do not understand why I was ever sent home, but that is the policy at the hospital. In addition, I have had a physical every years since age eight and had one 14 months before the tumor was found and have never had an x-ray, so that tells you how good physicals are and the reason the doctors gave was "we had no reason to x-ray you", but doctors sure stress physicals don't they? I had surgery at age 66, and my thymus gland was not removed.
us008715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (12-19-2014), Lara (12-18-2014)