View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 12:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
No, once she found out I was on SSDI she said that she knows she qualifies and plans to apply.

And, I'm just thrown for a loop since this woman called this morning, aggressively questioning me about my physical and mental health and how I spend my time. I felt like she didn't understand before but today I felt attacked.

I've made a habit of walking away from everyone that pulls this with me--including my former best friend of 20 years. It just hadn't happened in a while and I was hoping someone else had figured out a better way of dealing with these situations.
In my experience (at risk of sounding like an annoying shrink here), it's usually the people and situations that bring us the most tension that show us where we can grow the most personally. What I hear from your questioning of how you dealt with these types of situations in the past is that you're obviously sick of the same old crap and are already primed for something new.

For lots of people, walking away from a toxic relationship is supremely difficult, and the learning is IN the walking away. But what I am hearing from you is that you're already a bad@$$, and you want to be strong in a different way than before. Who knows - maybe you want to stand your ground by letting your voice be heard, setting parameters for the relationship and letting it unfold from there, instead of walking away from the toxicity. Letting her know you're in no mood to talk currently with your jaw flaring up. There's no guarantee you'll ever reach an understanding with this person, but you might feel better on your side about it.

Last edited by visioniosiv; 12-18-2014 at 12:47 PM.
visioniosiv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LIT LOVE (12-18-2014), PamelaJune (12-19-2014)