View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 04:18 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by visioniosiv View Post
In my experience (at risk of sounding like an annoying shrink here), it's usually the people and situations that bring us the most tension that show us where we can grow the most personally. What I hear from your questioning of how you dealt with these types of situations in the past is that you're obviously sick of the same old crap and are already primed for something new.

For lots of people, walking away from a toxic relationship is supremely difficult, and the learning is IN the walking away. But what I am hearing from you is that you're already a bad@$$, and you want to be strong in a different way than before. Who knows - maybe you want to stand your ground by letting your voice be heard, setting parameters for the relationship and letting it unfold from there, instead of walking away from the toxicity. Letting her know you're in no mood to talk currently with your jaw flaring up. There's no guarantee you'll ever reach an understanding with this person, but you might feel better on your side about it.
Thank you.

You're right, I haven't and won't keep anyone in my life that's toxic.

This illness is very isolating though, and until yesterday, I was optimistic about a potential friendship. I might be able to maintain some type of superficial relationship with her, but I am disappointed.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote