View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 02:26 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default New Member - Post Concussion Syndrome

Hi, just trying to research why I'm having the problems that I have and found this forum. Very Informative and a little relieving to hear that my problems arent unique. Just briefly to explain I work in Law Enforcement and I'm on our tactical team. This is my 2nd work related concussion and 4th overall that I can think of. So basically I was doing some rifle work and a round bounced from the back stop, came back and nailed me in the head. Felt like I got hit by a baseball, a lot of blood but that was the least of my concerns. Kind of suprising that level of impact from a 55 grain .223 round...but I guess it makes sense with the amount of energy that round carries. Now it's 3 months later and i'm still having problems. Head pressure, headaches, little bit of dizzines and blurred vision. Of course I can't do the tactical work anymore so I'm riding the desk....not very exciting. btw my first work related concussion was a flashbang going off my my vest while doing a raid....that wasn't fun either, but I recovered from that one in 2 weeks.

So i'll do some reading and maybe I can learn something.
jafo0799 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote