View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 02:29 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiretoday View Post
I'm hoping someone can see me. These pain clinics are like a fortress to get into! I understand that there has to a system but I've been turned down by every clinic I have called in Virginia. Either they are closed, they need yrs of records,they have no openings or they don't accept out of state referrals. I already hate being a patient. But being an CRPS patient is worse. There is no visible problem(thank goodness I'm in the early stages) but this doesn't mean I am not in significant pain. I almost feel I'd get more respect if I had a cast on my leg. The most frustrating part is I am a therapist in private practice by career and I'm now treated as if I have a mental illness instead of a physical condition. When will people treat this differently than conversion disorder???
Have you made it clear you're not looking for opiates and want a block? That might make a difference. They make more money on surgical procedures and have less risk to their license. If you were coming to California I know a few docs that would take you, so someone in VA should as well.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (01-05-2015), Inspiretoday (12-21-2014)