View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 05:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you all soooo much for taking the time to answer trying to help me find a solution to this disgusting problem. Unfortunately I've either tried or at least discussed them....yes, with my doctor.....my pcp. Haven't tried the neuro, but think I'll give him a try too.

I believe the urologist will discuss having a suprapubic cath. put in. That's what some of you were mentioning...the same day procedure. At least that would eliminate the irritation in that......"nether region".....hmmm. The home health nurses are able to change them too. From what I understand, if it doesn't work or makes a bigger problem, the hole will close up on it's own. Sounds kind of creepy, but at this point I'll try just about anything.

Was that other procedure an "illiostomy"? My mother had a colostomy years ago and I remember talk of it also. Now that I'd try to avoid if at all possible because it's so permanent.

The nurse had talked about inflating the balloon more, but I don't know if she ever actually did it. One time when it felt like it was coming out when I was transferring back to my chair from the toilet, it did! Obviously the balloon had deflated then!!! I occasionally have bladder spasms, but take medication for them, plus I definitely can feel it when they happen.

For some reason, the past couple days haven't been as bad. Still leaking, but not as much. Just another MS mystery I guess. Maybe my bladder is positioned differently since I did have three C-Sections. My doctor always said I was a challenge!!

I'll keep you all posted if anything changes and also after my urologist appointment. Thanks again, so much, for all your help. Even if we all don't have the exact same thing, we do "get it" and try to help.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (12-19-2014), NurseNancy (12-19-2014), SallyC (12-19-2014)