View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 12:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker View Post
Supposedly the subconscious mind cuts off blood supply in an area where a physical abnormality exists (like a broken rib or a herniated disc) in response to some emotional issues. I find it not plausible that the subconscious mind has knowledge of anatomy which the conscious mind does not.

I don't doubt that his approach helped some people, but don't think it will help most. And I suppose the reason it works is much simpler.
People habitually tense their muscles in response to daily stress. If one can create an emotional stress which overpowers the daily stress, it may distract the brain and release tension. But I don't see how this can help with structural or postural issues.
Sympathetic nervous system (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sympathetic_nervous_system). Overexcited means its always leading to stressed muscles. Slow and steady breathing is key to relaxing the SNS.
Stressed muscles tense up and fix the posture in stressful poses which in turn stress/activate certain muscles. Shallow breathing further stresses the wrong muscles (accessory musles) which impinge on the brachial plexus.
Akash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote