View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 06:13 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

New member here. Just reading up on this. 3 months back the doctor diagnosed me with a closed head injury. He stated he diagnosed this way instead of a mild concussion so it would be easier for me to get cleared for work. I've had 3 previous concussions that I know of.

The situation is unique kind of. I was training with my M4, doing a standard rifle drill. Wearing full body armor...but no helmet. Anyways the round ricocheted off the back stop in hit me in the head. Felt like i got hit by a baseball. There was blood. Our medic cleaned it up and I kept training. Anyways as the day progressed I started feeling worse and worse. Finally at the end of the training day I went to the ER. So here I am 3 months later. Head pressure, sharp stabbing pains in my head, slight dizziness and some nausea now and then. Obviously i can't do my regular job so I'm sitting a desk. More significantly the Doctor is concerned even if I recover in the long term that I may not be able to go back to my regular duties. Suffice it to say I can't control my work enviornment and it's when and not if I take another good hit to the head given my occupation. So that's where I am. Just trying to learn as much as I can to educate myself and see what happens next.