View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 09:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Danny,

This sounds a lot like what I experienced with my first concussion my senior year of college. I got my concussion October 14th, 2012. I tried to tough it out in classes but ended up taking incompletes in everything and finishing up over break. I think the worst part of the whole process was me telling myself that I'd be fine the next week. I felt much better once I had medical leave established and spent some time resting.

I, too, did 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off and found it helpful. Taking things at my own pace helped a lot as well. Over winter break I spent four hours in the library writing my missed final papers.

I graduated on time, but every concussion is different. Yours might not let you. That last semester was the most stressful semester of my career (I wrote my thesis in one semester instead of two), but I think I made it through without symptoms by paying A LOT of attention to my health. I exercised daily, quit caffeine, quit alcohol, and spent little time socializing. I think it paid off.

Best of luck to you! I know how terrible it can feel.
SillyRugger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DannyT (02-26-2015), thorx89 (01-15-2015)