View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 07:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

After reading "Peripheral Neuropathy when the numbness, weakness, and pain won't stop" I think I have had PN for at least 10 years. About a year and a half ago I went to my doctor. He sent me to a nuerologist who has ran many many Blood tests, several MRI's (the brain and spine), and a Spinal Tap. About a year ago they found literally no Vitamine B6 in my system even though I was taking a prenatal vitamine everyday that included a couple mgs. I take those for extra Iron because I seem to always be low in Iron. Everything else checked out okay except that the MRI's showed some mini strokes. My nuerologist had me start taking an over the counter Vitamine B6 50mg tablet. 6 months later I had another blood test and it showed my B6 was a little high. But they never followed up on it. A couple of weeks ago my new nuerologist noticed it in my records and had me tested and said it is too high. He didn't give me any numbers. Ask me to cut my tablet in half and said my body is too sensitive to this vitamine.

Before all of this, I was taking Paxil for depression. I have been switched to Cymbalta. I have tried Neuronton, and Tegretol but am now on Lamictal to try to help the pain. The Lamictal isn't working yet. It is still too low of a dosage.

~Julie~

"With God's help you can smile through the pain and find joy in your journey":
Julie K is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote