View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 05:09 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Angry To rsdno and lothgar

Rsdno, what was the initial trauma that caused rsd and did you get intensive physical therapy soon after the initial trauma? Please look into the center for treatment and research for rsd in Tampa. They currently have the only ketamine therapy approved in the US and the price is worth it if you are in that much distress. I don't know if it will help but it's something and I know I will find a way to save up for it myself (it's currently 7,500 for the ketamine infusion) and I don't consider myself near in your condition.

Lothgar, you were diagnosed in 2008/9? Either way, the amount learned about rsd between 2004-2008 was about 10 fold, much less in 1969. Early intervention and dx is both essential and nearly impossible for rsd patients, so please be happy and lucky enough to have a recent dx and several small children to occupy you bc without those, you might just wonder if it's better to not have your family suffer your life and end it for them.
As for if rsd can cause death, absolutely. I have great heart rate always less than 70 resting (usually 60s) and low blood pressure. However I feel my heart and lungs spasm which is why I Googled "rsd average life expectancy" and found this thread. I was diagnosed at 20 in 2004 but the initial trauma was 2002. I was in an accident with a semi truck with no reflectors that did not yeald to my right of way. My right ankle was broken in the talus and my foot was turned backwards from the outside. Luckily I had early aggressive physical therapy which helps me keep range of motion but the pain and emotional distress is sometimes something I wonder if God "wants" for me and I question if it's worth the risk to commit suicide. The affects have spread throughout my entire right side of the body including face and my left hand and left knee down. BTW if any doctor suggests a cortio-steroid injection, go somewhere, anywhere else bc they have no idea what rsd is. It will most likely make it worse, at best it will do nothing. I had a doctor kick me out of PM for "faking" after the injection when he asked me how I felt, and I said "same" he told me to stand up and I collapsed on the floor. He just said "your faking, get out" and he left me there. Luckily the nurse helped me up and into the car. Needless to say he dosed me in full that month but I never went back (Dr. Abd Benni - Brandon FL)
Kymee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote