View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 09:06 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattle Dog View Post
Stang1,

My appointment is tomorrow, I'll let know you know how it goes.

Unrelated to this issue, I found out today I have a torn meniscus in my knee that will require surgery. Not sure how this will work into everything else going on.
Stang1,

I met with the Physiatrist and given how much my shoulder has deteriorated since November he is sure the nerve will not recover. He is not going to do another EMG as he feels the results will be the same. Surgery is my only option to improve any function in my arm. I asked if it will be the Eden Lange procedure and he wasn't sure. He is going to talk with an Orthopedic Surgeon in his group and call me next week. He did say whatever the surgery will be it is complex and would involve a long recovery. He recommended I meet with several surgeons to find someone who has the most experience with this type issue.

I guess it's one thing to head into major surgery knowing your surgeon has performed your procedure successfully numerous times, but I don't feel confident anyone even knows how to do thiis.

I have an appointment with an Orthopedic surgeon on 1/6 for my knee and I plan to discuss my arm also. This is the same Orthopedic that I saw initially regarding my arm.

I'll let you know how it goes...think I just want a new arm for Christmas!
Cattle Dog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote