View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 04:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My left hand/arm drives me nuts holding my iPad. I have it in a cover which enables me to "prop" it and with juggling and balancing act I can get it to sit landscape style but not vertical. I'm constantly shaking my arm and waving it about to try get relief. I've tried not using the iPad but I've become such a 4 wall prisoner in my home that the iPad is my lifeline to activities outside. I do go out on occasion if I have a destination but never go out just for the sake of it, not even to sit in the park across the street anymore. PN, Chronic Pain and Depression sure do suck the life out of you don't they.
Can I ask what was the product he recommended, I can't sit at my desktop anymore and we are considering updating our computer so maybe the tablet he told you of will be a mutual solution for mine and my husbands use....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
Same here. It got so bad three years ago that we bought an iPad, which works better for me, but has its own problems. My hands still go numb after a while, and holding it has never been completely satisfactory, but I was unable to type or use a mouse without pain and numbness so this is much better.
We were able to talk to a salesman at the Apple store whose wife has MS, with very similar symptoms and limitations to mine, and he was able to answer all my husband's questions about capabilities and ease of use compared with a laptop. He even recommended a certain case ( not an Apple product) which props it at different angles for hands free use.
It is not a solution for serious professional use, but unfortunately this seems to be a common symptom of advanced SFN.