View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 07:18 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

leesal,

Sometimes a dentist will suggest to a patient... to try the grafts and see what happens. However, with that suggestion the patient should also be informed of the risks involved in taking that chance. That's why I asked if he told you.

It would be wise to let the grafts heal for several months to be sure they are integrating with the bone. The timing will be crucial if the grafts do take and the implants have to be placed at the right time or the graft will recede. However, placing the implants should not be rushed into. What was his plan for that? Also does he plan on doing regular size implants or mini implants? Will they be holding separate teeth or a bridge?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesal View Post
No Bryanna. I wouldn't have spent the time, pain and money if this was the case. My plan is to do Zirconium implants. I don't like the idea of titanium in my body.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote