View Single Post
Old 12-20-2014, 07:23 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

frostyjohn,

I agree with you.... there could be a pocket of some sort underneath the gum tissue that keeps filling up. Did any of the dentists probe with an instrument alongside the molar and gum tissue to see if anything drained out?

How are you feeling by the way? Still getting drainage without forcing it?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjohn View Post
I don't know if this will help, but there is a structural difference between my right gum, where no fluid comes out, and the left gum, where fluid comes out.

My top left gum did not heal like my right gum. The only way i can describe it as is my gum is smooth and then sinks down into a soft, crater like pocket above the last two molars. It is not firm behind this part of the gum but squishy. The pocket is is covered with healthy skin, so from the surface it looks like normal gum except with an abnormal ending. My top right gum is smooth and firm like bone all the way back to my last molar.

I've pointed it out to the oral surgeons I have seen, but they don't pay much attention to it. They jut say my gum healed weird, but I think it is contributing to the fluid coming out.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote