View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 02:54 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I have thought about lighting up because I've heard that it can aid in recovery from TBI. The exact mechanism of action is not well understood. For me, I have enough paranoia and anxiety from PCS already that I have decided against it for now. I'm sure it would only complicate things. Plus, the smoking process would be detrimental to my heart and lungs. It's definitely a factor to consider. Maybe, a vaporizer or brownies?

Mark, I would be hesitant to dismiss cannabis from being a neuroprotective substance. There are so many compounds, mainly cannabinoids, in smoked cannabis that researchers are still sorting out. This includes potential health benefits and hazards. Many times patients don't respond to THC pills because they lack all the wonderful cannabinoids that are contained in marijuana smoke. I'm not suggesting that concussion patients should all smoke weed but there is research being done that may suggest some benefits.

I would love to take a look at the research showing that cannabis induces psychosis. It's the first I've heard of it. Any chance you could send a link?
I'm also interested in the benefits of CBD oil as this is available on the Internet.
DannyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote