View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 06:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thanks Lara

Yes it is worrying for us with mum, but with age, we have to expect illnesses don't we.

I cant help but wonder at the comparisons between your symptoms and mums of earlier years. Migraines regularly to the point of having brain scans and then retirement and they abated somewhat. As dad became more ill, mum became more stressed, and her vertigo and photophobia increased considerably. Dad passed 3 years ago and the attacks came more often and with regularity sometimes caused by over activity, Eg lawn bowls, gardening etc. As her anxiety levels have increased even simply scrolling up and down on the computer screen, flickering of the television or fleuro lights trigger an attack and she fell and hit her head two months ago, from that time on she has had the spontaneous bleeds and her condition has worsened. BUT, so has her anxiety levels, I'm beginning to wonder if mum has suffered OCD for much of her life, we used to jokingly call her a control freak. Now with nothing within her control she is stressing about the simplest of things and becoming increasingly irritable and frustrated with no change in her condition. Fear of the unknown is also debilitating.
Lara (12-21-2014)