View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 12:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Multicolored,

I am glad to hear that you decided to have that infected molar removed. That was a very wise decision. Unfortunately you paid a lot of money for a procedure that had no chance of making your tooth healthy again. I'm sorry your dentist did not inform you of that prior to doing the first or second root canal.

Regarding the other first molar...
Your description sounds like it could be fractured through the enamel. Your dentist should have noticed something during her examination but if you did not bring it up to her at that time that it was bothering you, then she may have thought it was a crazing line rather than an fracture. The panoramic x-ray will not show this type of fracture. You would need two other x-rays. One is called a periapical and the other is called a bite wing. These show a close up view of the tooth and at a different angle than the panoramic x-ray.

Sometimes fractures are hard to see on any x-ray but it would be wise to have them done. Once the dentist hears your symptoms she can also do a special stick biting test that can sometimes determine a fracture. She may also decide to adjust the occlusion (bite) on this tooth so you are not hitting into it to hard.

If you are tooth grinder when you sleep, then my all means have your dentist make you a night guard. Grinding your teeth can cause all sorts of problems with your teeth, gums and jaw bone.

I would suggest that you schedule another exam with your dentist asap to get the tooth checked and get that night guard made.

I hope this information was helpful to you.
Bryanna
Hello Bryanna,

Thanks so much for the information. I will try to get it checked in the nearest days. In the meantime, should I avoid chewing with this side? It's hard actually, as the other side has a big gap. Is it enough to avoid hard foods?

I will most definietly do this mouth guard. I have been grinding for a loooong while, I don't know why I never saw it as the problem it is

Again, thank you. I'll post again when I have more news.
Multicoloured is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote