View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 07:52 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

ash,

You might want to do some comparative study of your information. Some scientists believe endocannabinoids reduce healing/neurogenesis. In my research, the pro-cannabis sites tend to say things in opposition to the strictly science/medicine sites except regarding the neuroprotective effect of cannabidiol, which they both agree on. They sometimes use weak logic as they try to connect the dots. They also appear to make assumptions based on a pro-cannabis bias.

Fortunately, both recognize the need for more qualitative research. I agree than more and better research is needed. Unfortunately, drug research is primarily funded by drug companies as they work to develop patentable drugs. They are not interested in cannabis research since there is not a patentable drug to be developed from such expensive research.

Plus, as you comment about genetic predisposition, patient experiences are varied. This is evident as cannabis is used to moderate epilepsy with varied results.

Plus, these effects can be negated by excitotoxins like caffeine and other commonly ingested chemicals.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote