View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Pamela June, I'm sorry I missed your message earlier.

My vertigo began after a concussion. It's much better now than it was in the first few years afterwards, but it still stops me doing a lot of things in life that I need to do. Did your mum have a concussion when she fell?

You could be right about your mum and her anxiety issues. OCD is an anxiety condition. Lots of people have OC traits though without it becoming a problem in their lives. However, if she was the person in the family who was busy and in control to make sure everything was running smoothly, then she could very well be finding life difficult now that she's on her own.

There are so many different types of migraines. Vestibular Migraines for example

Sometimes when there are a lot of different symptoms it's difficult to know if something is causing it or whether the symptoms are actually part of the migraine. I have anxiety issues as well and although anxiety can be part of the Post Concussion Syndrome, I have dealt with OC and anxiety issues all of my life. Genetically predisposed.

My vertigo/balance issues only began with the past concussion and the migraines were with me for many years prior to that although they were on and off and not regular to the point of wanting to take preventative medications. Most of my other problems post concussion have gone away, but I've been left with this residual vertigo.

I wonder if your Mum had a small bleed and blacked out and that's why she fell in the first place or did she slip or trip or something else?

I'm really sorry this is happening to her right now and I hope she's feeling stronger soon.

Interesting that she was on the Zantac that mrsD mentioned.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote