View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 10:10 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

frostyjohn,

BINGO!! I think you just confirmed the problem!

Clindamycin is an antibiotic that is often used for tooth/oral infections that are involved with the sinuses. The fact that this problem is chronic and this medication "eliminated" your symptoms while taking it indicate that at that time it was affective against the species of bacteria causing the infection. The fact that you didn't stay symptom free indicates that the culprit of the infection is still present. Meaning, there is something that needs to be physically removed. As an example..... if you have a deep splinter in your hand and only a piece of it is removed, the area of the splinter is going to keep festering until it is removed in it's entirety.

Have you decided about the endoscopy yet?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyjohn View Post
The only thing that has ever stopped it is a medicine called clindamycin (150mg). I took it for two weeks and was completely symptom free. Then it started up again after about a week of not taking it.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote