View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 04:37 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieDebbie View Post
Hi Healthgirl,

My experiences are different to yours so I'm unable to offer ideas based on similar issues. But I'd be inclined to think this may have something to do with nerve constriction (pinched nerve) somewhere in your upper spine.

If I were you, I'd be requesting an MRI. I'd also be asking for a referral to a good Neurologist (who would likely order an MRI anyway).

In case you don't know, "idiopathic" means "unknown cause". Your Doctor is giving up. Ask for referrals or at the least an MRI.

My two cents.

Please keep us informed, even if you don't need to come here any more. We love happy endings.

Debs
Thanks Debs,
The doctor sure did give up. She is a neuromuscular doc that I was forward to after quite a few neuros. She barely listened to me for 5 minutes and already knew it was small fiber. She did the biopsies right away to confirm and rushed me out. I called the office and the tests came back with significantly low epidermal nerve fiber density. She told me she can give me drugs to manage the pain and discomfort. That freaks me out because I want to find out why the heck this is happening and how to stop it.
I've actually had a full spinal and brain MRI because I thought the same thing about nerve impingement. I even went to a spinal neurosurgeon at Columbia for his opinion and he said no way. In the hospital I had a spinal tap and they tested me for everything they could think of. Im being treated by an infectious disease doc on 3 weeks of doxy in the chance that it could be undetected lyme. It is a month since the doxy so I don't think its lyme. It took a year of weird symptoms that I thought were just hormonal till everything just became too bizarre and painful. I still desperately hope that it is a crazy injury to my neck/brachial plexus from working out in ways my body couldn't handle for too long and it will heal.........
Healthgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote