View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 01:02 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hey man,

I'm sorry to hear about your injury. Your post shows a lot of personal growth and maturity that will help you in your battle with PCS. The truth is bad things happen in life. It's just a matter of fact. For us, we've suffered concussions and have to deal with this particular journey. The first step is to accept what happened and to work on ways of dealing with it.

Let me share a little about my situation because I think it sorta relates to your worries. I'm a college student and have always dreamed of being a scientist. I finally made it back from some hard times in my teens (I'm 26 now) to get accepted into a chemical engineering program. I had just finished moving and getting back in the groove with school when I suffered my concussion on October 2. It's a daunting task to come back from but you can't live in fear. You will learn a lot about yourself through this. It will make you a more grateful person.

I just finished up Finals week and it was a struggle, but the point is I made it!
I share your concerns about accomplishing my dreams. I still am suffering some symptoms and know that I may have to take next semester off. It sucks but I have accepted it and I am devising a plan to keep my dreams alive.

You can still be a writer. There's nothing to regret because you got injured doing what you love.

Your brain will recover, just treat it right. No alcohol, no caffeine or any recreational drugs. Give it the rest and nutrients it needs to repair itself. Limit stress and anxiety as much as possible. Look at the vitamin sticky at the top of the forum. Check out some of the success stories on here. The most important thing is to pay attention to your symptoms and to try to stay positive. You have your youth on your side. The brain is an incredible organ and its plasticity is a wonder of nature.

Be well,
Danny
DannyT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
red90 (12-23-2014), SillyRugger (12-23-2014), SweetC (12-24-2014)