View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 02:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Red,

Welcome to the forum.

As Dan said, do your best to stay positive. I know it's difficult—I've been in a similar position. I had to quit rugby, which I loved. The sport gave me more drive and purpose than anything else I had encountered in my college career. I gave it up, and life has rolled on. I've found new passions and hobbies and still watch the game.

Sometimes I think about playing again, but then I remember how terrible experiencing concussions are. It's just not worth it to me. I can't afford to be sidelined for months at a time and then risk brain disease later in life. These days even a small knock to the head will bring up symptoms for me.

You will be able to handle college—even if you don't go right away. If your symptoms are still bothering you in a few months, consider taking a gap year. In retrospect, I really wish I had put some time between high school and college just to get a better sense of adult life.

Regardless, you will be able to handle college. Your writing in this post is solid and lucid. You're continuing to go to class and aren't failing. You will start to see improvements with rest and time.

Keep doing what you're doing. Rest, take care of your health, and try to keep stress to a minimum.
SillyRugger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
red90 (12-23-2014)